of several techniques for collecting data
on an asset.
The consulting team
talks to building occupants, building manager and 3rd
party contractors to obtain useful information for the study.
Interviews are best served by staff who have experiential knowledge.
Purpose an Interview
Included below are some of the merits/values ofa workshop:
ncluded below are some of the key steps in conducting an effective workshop:
A. Before the Workshop
B. During the Interview
- Determine who will be the interviewer
- Identify the organization's knowledge resources
- Interviews are best served by staff who have experiential knowledge.
- Determine the appropriate cross-section of people (horizontal and vertical cross-sections) to be interviewed
- Establish a convenient date
- Prepare for the interview (types of questions, background research, etc)
C. After the Interview
- Introduction and icebreaker
- Establish the purpose of the interview
- Conduct the interview
- Elicit their tacit knowlege
- Communicate the knowledge
- Analyze the results
- Share the results
- Act upon the results
Fig. It all starts with people.