|Duct cleaning considers both of the following services:
While the dryer duct cleaning is a routine maintenance activity that typicallay occurs once a year, the vertical duct
cleaning is a major
maintenance activity, which
usually occurs less often than once a year and is often treated as a capital expense
rather than an operating
- Horizontal and vertical dryer ducts
- Vertical ducts to rooftop units (RTUs) or makeup air units
frequency of cleaning of the main duct runs connecting to the rooftop
units (RTUs) will depend on a number of factors, including:
example, It is recommended that the main ducts be cleaned after a major
renovation/rehabilitation project that disrupts the drywall and causes
fine drywall particles to enter into the duct system.
- Whether any concerns have been expressed about the indoor air quality
- Whether the RTUs are air makeup units or air handling units
- Whether any major renovation work has occurred in the building (creating drywall dust, etc).
there have been any major water leaks that entered into the duct system
and may have saturated any particles that have collected in the duct
- Whether any major construction work has occurred in the neighbourhood around the building
standard residential application and under normal operating conditions,
the ducts from/to the RTUs should be checked and cleaned every 5-15
Duct and vent cleaning includes the following activities on
The following assets are typically subject to
- Removing dust from hallway ducts.
- Removing lint from dryer vents.
- Indoor air quality.
- Make-up Air Unit
- Vertical ducts
- Horizontal ducts
Duct cleaning has the following general attributes:
Fig. Interior of the ducts before the cleaning.
Fig. Interior of the ducts after the cleaning.
Fig. Rooftop make-up air unit.