systematic examination of the assets
to identify any concerns
relating to compliance with :
outcome of the code review is to enable the owner to make an informed
decision regarding risks and stewardship of the property.
objectives of a code review are listed below:
One of the many decision support tools
to assist owners, managers and operators.
Listed below are some of the attributes of a code review:
Listed below is a summary of the data collection
procedures that are included or excluded from a capital needs
- No destructive testing
on the assets.
re-commissioning test on the assets.
- Survey questionnaires.
- No facility staff interviews and
- No contractor interviews.
Listed below are the key steps in the process of preparing a warranty
information on each of these steps can be found on their respective
pages in this asset management glosssary.
- Mobilization of the consulting team.
- Collection of the data - document
review, field visits, etc
- Arrange site access.
- Analysis of the data.
- Peer review of the data.
- Estimation of quantities and costs.
- Submittal of the draft report to the
- Submittal of the final report to the
- Presentation to the owner group.
review being carried out as part of the code review
inspections being carried out an asset as part of the code review