Listed below are some of the key attributes of care sector facilities
Levels of Care
- Independent Living - resident brings all their own furniture (same as market rental/condo living)
- Assisted Care
- Critical Care - 24 hour nurse on call
- Operating budget - 75% = salaries.
- Assisted bathing tubs
- Nurse call/paging systems
- Handicap lifts
- Wheelchair ramps
- Commercial kitchens
- Dining hall chairs and tables
- Commercial lounge furniture
- Recreation amenities for seniors
- Double slider entry doors
- Door access control
- Wheelchair bumper guards and edge protection mouldings
- Additional guardrails, chair rails
- Unit interior FF&E in assisted care and nursing care suites - soft goods, case goods, etc
- Few resident parking spaces but more guest spaces
Fig. Commercial kitchen.
Fig. Comparison of the L-V-P ratios across different real estate sectors.